Well if you are a movies and songs lover , and have a collection of TV shows with you , But you watch them on your Smart Phone or Laptop , And I know that’s too annoying. What if you watch all this stuff at your Big Television Screen Just for Under 4K Inr.(Approx. 50$) With Unlimited Internet Surfing and Even Watching Netflix , Youtube Etc.
So Here is a Complete guide for you to Install And Setup Open Source Media Center (OSMC) Yourself with ZERO Coding Skills Using A Raspberry Pi . I know there are many other ways as well. But , Raspberry Pi can be completely customized and is a very cheap solution for Home Media Center.
What is OSMC ?
OSMC is an embedded, minimal, self updating Linux distributing which ships a Kodi front-end for a variety of devices. The project was founded by Sam Nazarko in 2014 and is maintained by a group of volunteers in their spare time. It is the best package for building your own Home Media Center .
- OSMC is a simple and easy to use OS. It is based on Debian, which means that it has over 30,000 packages available in its repositories which makes it very expansive.
- OSMC is quick to install. Set up an excellent HTPC experience in just minutes.
- OSMC is self-updating, which means it keeps getting better each month.
- OSMC has an applications store which makes adding new features to expand your HTPC experience simple.
- You can Add your own remote control from its pre-defined list of remote controls.
- OSMC can be extended further with Apps.
- OSMC Offers SAMBA , SSH , FTP and TVHeadEnd At Present .
What You’ll Build In This Series
Well, In this complete Media Center Tutorial , We would be going in a organized way . Each Tut. will be Published in the following pattern-
- Get The Required Items .
- Building Your Raspberry Pi.
- Install And Setup
- OSMC On Pi .
- Adding Speakers or External Sound Source For Better Experience.
- Control OSMC Media Center Using Your SmartPhone or iOS Devices.
- Adding Media Through External HDD or Removable Drives.
- Setting Up SAMBA and mounting your drive to add content directly from your Laptop.
- Setting Up Web Interface.
- Adding Addons Such As Yahoo Weather , Netflix , Music etc .. Oops, Did I miss out YouTube ? Well The most important , We’ll add Youtube As well.
- Setting Up a Common Media Server for All Your Files .
Well , Thats It for today . Hope you found this interesting. Within a week all these links will be active and you will be able to setup your own media center.