Hello Everybody ,
Welcome to the Third Part of Complete Home Media Center Using Raspberry Pi .
So today we are going to install OSMC on Raspberry Pi . In the previous Tut, We listed the required items.
So lets get started now ,
OSMC operating system
The OSMC is the successor to Raspbmc and it is created and maintained by Sam Nazarko and you can download the latest OSMC version here. I will use the Windows installer in this tutorial.
Recently, OSMC reached its final release, which means it is now fully stable and ready for the prime time.
Before proceeding with these instructions, plug in the micro SD card reader and unplug any other USB storage devices to make sure you will not format an incorrect drive by accident.
- Plug in your micro SD card .
- Goto OSMC Official Website .
- Download the Windows Installer or The img file for your Pi Version.
- Launch the OSMC installer application and select the language and Raspberry Pi 2 device in the welcome screen. Then, click the “next” button and select the latest OSMC version.
- Next, select where you would like to install OSMC. Usually, you should install it on the SD card. Then, click the “next” button and configure whether your system connects to the web via a wired or wireless connection.
- Now, select the device path where you would like to install OSMC. Click “next” and accept the licence agreement.
- When the download process has completed, confirm installation by selecting “Yes” when prompted.
- Now once the installation process is finished , Plug in the SD Card into the Pi.
- Connect the HDMI Cable , Ethernet Cable / WiFi Adapter , Keyboard Mouse and Power On The TV.
- Then Plug in the Micro SD Cable into the Pi and Turn It On.
- It would take around 10 mins to complete the installation .
- Then You need to choose the language , Network Configs. which you want .
Well Now You Have Successfully Installed OSMC On Your Pi and inOrder to play content , Connect a Pendrive or HDD to your Pi and then goto Videos > Files and Choose your drive and start streaming your content .
Well , In the next Tutorial We will be adding Speakers it to. To get a better sound quality. !
Thanks Stay Tuned. !